Dain Locke was admitted as a solicitor in 1998 and has practiced almost solely in litigation for over ninteen (19) years. He has extensively conducted matters and appeared as an advocate in the State and Commonwealth Courts and Tribunals in such matters as commercial litigation, debt recovery, personal and corporate insolvency and administrative review.
Dain has undertaken a high volume of debt recovery work for clients ranging from publicly listed companies to small businesses. He is particularly skilled in improving his clients’ debt recoveries by the use of security interests in land and other assets.
Acting as a solicitor advocate in all Courts and Tribunals has given Dain the experience and knowledge to conduct his clients’ matters in a practical, commercial and cost effective manner.
Dain specializes in secured debt recovery for commercial clients utilizing caveats over real property to recover their outstanding debts.
Dain has acted for numerous businesses in the transport, construction and supply industries in many types of commercial litigation in the Courts. For example:
- He appeared in the District Court of Queensland resisting an appeal conducted by Counsel, and achieved a successful result for a client; and
- He has appeared in all Courts in many types of applications for orders from the Court for various types of matters, whether or not opposed by the other party.
Dain has acted for Administrators, Liquidators and Trustees in Bankruptcy in many types of insolvency proceedings in the Courts. For example:
- He appeared in the Federal Court as an advocate for a Trustee in Bankruptcy against an appeal of a decision to declare a former bankrupt a vexatious litigant and achieved a successful result;
- He appeared in the Federal Court as an advocate for a Trustee in Bankruptcy against an application under section 178 of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 seeking an order assigning a right of action and achieved a successful result; and
- He appeared in the Federal Court as an advocate for a Trustee in Bankruptcy against an appeal of the Federal Court decision and achieved a successful result.
ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEWS IN QCAT
Dain has conducted a number of administrative review matters in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal on behalf of the Queensland Building and Construction Commission.
In doing so he has appeared at hearings against Counsel, solicitors and where the other party is self-represented.